Increase your hiring potential for the right nursing job in Central Arkansas by fine-tuning your resume. A staffing agency can be your own personal cheerleader and help you land the nursing job that you have always wanted.
When you start your search for nursing jobs in Little Rock, a permanent staffing agency that specializes in the medical field can help you get your foot in the door and be there to offer support and encouragement throughout the process. A concise, focused resume and the recommendation of a staffing agency professional who understands your personal and professional goals will only improve your chances. Your resume should reflect who you are, your education, and your experience, but also showcase your unique value. Applying these resume tips for nurses will help you effectively communicate your skills, qualifications, and commitment to being the best nurse you can be.
Essentials of an Effective Nursing Resume
As you prepare for the job search, you will need to provide information hiring managers can use to gauge how well you will fit in with the organization’s culture and what other skills and qualities you possess that will make you a successful hire.
When you start applying for nursing jobs, using these specific resume tips for nurses will help you land that initial interview:
- Make it simple for hiring managers to contact you for your interview. This may seem obvious, but you should always make sure that the hiring manager has no reason to quickly dismiss your resume. Provide your current physical address, email address, and phone number at the top of your resume.
- Provide specific details on nursing licenses and certification. Provide all the information for your nursing license, including the type of license, the state or body that issued it, the license expiration date, and license number, which is public record if you have concerns about providing this personal information. For certifications, include the name of the certification, the certifying organization, and the expiration date, or date acquired if there is no expiration date.
- Highlight your education, skills, and accomplishments. You have worked hard and you know that you have what it takes to exceed their expectations. Your resume should convey the drive and determination that you would bring to the position. It is not boasting to describe excellent grades, specialized courses, professional affiliations, and any recognition you have received that can shed light on how valuable you will be for the nursing position.
- Keep it concise and provide relevant information. Many employers skip over the objectives section as it does not provide any immediate or pertinent information. By eliminating the objectives section, you clear up valuable space so you can write short, crisp, and descriptive sentences that make a good first impression.
- Tailor your resume to the position. You may think that it is enough to use a standard and across-the-board nursing resume to reflect your skills, but it is helpful to tailor your resume to mirror the job posting. This helps hiring managers see that your skills truly align with the position and the organization.
Working with a permanent staffing agency like Apex Staffing, who has built lasting relationships with hiring managers at medical clinics in Central Arkansas, will help you get your resume in front of the right people at the right time. Apex Staffing has the inside track on awesome local nursing jobs before they are open to the public.
If you are interested having a committed advocate in your corner as you look for nursing jobs in Little Rock, contact Apex Staffing at 877-803-3910 to set up an appointment today. We strive to be a different kind of staffing firm – building professional relationships while helping you discover your perfect role.